First Baptist Church of Cordele is an evangelical church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, Georgia Baptist Mission Board, and the Houston Baptist Association.
Leading everyday people to become everyday missionaries.
MEASURES Of an everyday missionary
Be Changed - We expect the Gospel to rescue everyday people out of death and bring them into life.
Be Renewed - We are continually being transformed into the likeness of Christ by submitting to the authority of Scripture, the leading of His Spirit, and the pursuit of God through prayer.
Be There - We commit the time, talent, and resources He has given us to serving everyday people in spiritual and practical ways.
Be Real - We will courageously share our successes and struggles as we cultivate authentic community.
Be Concerned- We care deeply about the spiritual condition of those next door and around the world.
Be Bold - We unashamedly share our story of transformation with all those around us.
How to become a christian
Admit - Admit you need God. Have you come to the place where you see that this life has to be about something bigger that you? Do you recognize that even at your best, you would never be good enough to meet God? The Bible tells us that our sin separates us from God. Romans 3:23 tells us that "For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God." We all have a need, only God can fill.
Believe - Believe that Jesus can fill that need. God knew we could never reach Him on our own so He sent His Son, Jesus to die in our place so that we could be with Him. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life and no man come to the Father but Me." John 14:6 Jesus is the only One that can fill that need that you have.
Confess - Confess that you need Jesus. Romans 10:9, says that "if we will confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." When you make this confession to God, He makes the exchange for you. You literally exchange death (a life without God) for life (life with God here an din eternity)! If you are ready to make that exchange, then pray this prayer to God.
"Dear God, I need you and I cannot do it without you. I admit that I am laking, unworthy of a relationship with You, and I have missed the mark in my life. I believe that you sent Your Son Jesus to die in my place so that I could have a relationship with You. I believe that You raised Him from the dead to prove You are God. Come into my heart, Jesus, and be my personal Lord and Savior. Father, thank you for loving me enough to send Your only Son for me. In Jesus name, Amen."
If you prayed that prayer, please contact us so we can explain your next step on your spiritual journey with God. Contact Ray Sullivan for more information: email@example.com
Life Change- We believe the Gospel transforms people.
Life change is demonstrated by...
- Sacrificially putting aside our hopes and dreams for the good of others.
- Celebrating lives that have been transformed by the Gospel weekly.
- Relying on God's provision in all circumstances.
- Galatians 2:20, Romans 1:16, 2 Cor. 3:18
Life Together- We believe in building authentic relationships.
Life together is demonstrated by...
- Loving everyone just as they are.
- Providing an atmosphere of trust, accountability, and transparency.
- Forgiving others as Christ has forgiven us.
- Galatians 6:1-2, Ephesians 4:2-3
Life of Service- We believe in living life looking out instead of looking in.
Life of service is demonstrated by...
- Seeing every opportunity as a mission field.
- Empowering everyone to be involved in serving opportunities.
- Teaching the importance of missions from the pulpit and in every educational aspect.
- Mark 10:45, Galatians 5:13
Life of Worship- We believe every moment is an opportunity to Glorify God.
Life of Worship is demonstrated by...
- Always deferring to the living Word of God when making decisions.
- Equipping everyone to discern God's will through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Promoting a weekly worship, gathering as a vital part of life for followers of Christ.
- Hebrews 12:28, John 4:23-24, Romans 12:1-2